DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position varies in responsibility starting with a Level I to a level IV, and may perform some or all of the duties in a more independent manner relative to their level, as listed below:
- Manages, tracks, and determine eligibility for all aspects of job protected leaves including federal, statutory, employer sponsored leaves (i.e. FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PLOA)
- Incumbent is expected to administer a case load that meets industry standards of best practices (current range is up to 150 claims, eff. 2/2017)
- Acts as a resource to clients and staff regarding the requirements and regulations of the above mentioned leaves with company benefits and internal leave policies
- Follow established procedures and policies to administer disability/PFL claims in a timely and efficient manner.
- Update leave/claim files and notes in the computer as appropriate.
- Coordinate coverage and administration of insured programs with the appropriate carrier.
- Review mail/email daily.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with clients and their employees to ensure customer service goals are met.
- Maintain and administer appropriate check cycle payments and procedures.
- Reconcile overpayment/underpayment occurrence, which includes making payment arrangements, sending letters and maintaining of overpayment/underpayment recap.
- Coordinate return to work efforts with claimant, provider, and client
- Answer all telephone claim calls from claimants, clients and carriers within 24 hours.
- Provide highest quality of customer service.
- Follow attendance policy: consistency in work schedule and punctuality.
- All other duties as assigned.