Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and enhance Claim Application developed using Internet/Intranet/Oracle technologies
- Implement new business functionality/requirements
- Maintain and support existing programs.
- Complete daily Departmental duties as assigned in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide support for new system / application testing and implementation
- Monitors and troubleshoots system performance issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Over 3-5 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL
- Good analytical skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables
- Good knowledge of data structure
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Knowledge of Internet/Intranet, client/server technologies.
- Good written and verbal communication & presentation skills - effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors and staff; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in an architectural/functional diagram
The following Skills will be plus
- Knowledge of JAVA will be a plus
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Good organization skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with manager to get the appropriate priority level assigned to meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of data conversion and reporting; knowledge of reporting tools such as BI(XML) Publisher will be a plus
- Knowledge of Workers Comp & Claims Management System will be plus